FULL TIME | Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
**Some evenings and/or weekends as needed**
**The Accountant is responsible for maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts in areas such as cash, payroll, grants, construction, general accounting, property taxes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, budget, cashiering, student organizations and auxiliary enterprises. Applies generally accepted accounting principles to record financial information and prepare financial reports. Implements internal accounting processes and controls. Assists other staff with accounting or special projects.**
- Manages and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Develops and implements procedures and internal control measures.
- Prepares journal entries and budget changes.
- Performs analysis and projections on financial data.
- Assists other staff members with accounting projects when necessary.
- Provides internal and external customer service.
- Prepares financial, management and board reports.
- Ensures compliance with College, state/federal, and other pertinent regulations and policies.
- Assists with Request for Proposals, contract renewals and preparation of finance and board motion.
- Maintains awareness of changes in industry, and state/federal regulations.
- Prepares audit documentation as needed for internal and external audits such as financial reports, financial notes and fraud surveys.
- Submits payments and reports to different local, state and government agencies.
- Assists in reviewing audit items.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed; willing to travel throughout the college district using own means of reliable transportation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, the Windows environment, and internet research skills.
- Proficient in preparation of worksheets using Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, REQUIRED.
- At least three (3) years of accounting experience, REQUIRED
- Experience with a financial records system, preferred.
- Experience in a higher education institution, preferred.