FULL TIME | Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
*Some evenings and/or weekends as needed**
Records, classifies, and summarizes accounting transactions.
- Compiles various documents, verifies their accuracy, and authorizes payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Assembles documents for computer input, verifying accuracy of itemized charges, account numbers, and total costs.
- Selects correct accounts, posts, verifies, balances, prepares and posts journal entries.
- Reconciles accounts and assists in the compilation of reports.
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations; verifies documents for completeness and compliance with government and private agencies.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging.
- Responds to inquiries; checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Provides accounting services to faculty, staff, students, and individuals or organizations outside of the college, such as government agencies and banks.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble and/or format data and/or reports.
- Responsible and accountable for all tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Investigates discrepancies and resolves questions and issues related to assigned accounting function.
- Communicates with vendors, students and employees through email and phone.
- Assists and cross trains between related positions within department.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed; willing to travel throughout the college district using own means of reliable transportation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, the Windows environment, and internet research skills.
- Associate’s Degree, a minimum of 60 college hours, or sixteen (16) years of relevant experience required.
- At least one (1) year of accounting experience
- Experience in a higher education institution