We are NOW HIRING for a Financial Support Specialist for a busy college institution.
The Finance and Administrative Services Support Specialist assists with accounting functions and provides administrative support to the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services staff.
- Provides administrative, coordination, communication, organizational, analysis, research, and business services support and assistance to the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services.
- Researches, investigates, and resolves discrepancies, questions and issues related to assigned tasks.
- Coordinates and facilitates tracking, communications, planning, and follow-up on duties, responsibilities, tasks, projects, and administrative matters with all Finance and Administrative Services departments/directors.
- Assists in the administrative and clerical operations of the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services.
- Assists in tasks of all Finance and Administrative Services departments and with interdepartmental projects.
- Assists with preparing and tracking reports and target completion dates and manages and monitors multiple projects, with some weekend and evening work required to meet strict deadlines.
- Coordinates projects/reports with other departments and divisions.
- Interacts with the public in a positive manner and answers questions regarding departmental matters.
- Handles inquiries and exercises sound judgment in referral of inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Seeks to solve problems, addresses concerns, and plans ahead with great attention given to customer service, project quality, and exact detail.
- Researches and prepares information for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, budget, and other reports and analysis.
- Processes confidential information and coordinates various projects.
- Prepares and transcribes meeting minutes.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of the Board and Committee Agenda and Information Packets.
- Serves as liaison between the Office of the Vice President and the department and division of Finance and Administrative Services, disseminating information, tracking projects and assigned tasks, managing communication and coordinating division-wide events.
- Plans, develops, organizes, and coordinates event functions for the Office of the Vice President, including division meetings, staff meetings, V.I.P. on-site visits, special events and functions, division-wide professional development and special functions as assigned.
- Implements processes to ensure the proper information flow of the Office of the Vice President.
- Monitors and updates the Finance and Administrative Services department’s websites.
- Prepares procedures, forms, and alert notices.
- Prepares handouts and presentations for meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or related field required.
- At least three (3) years of related experience required.
- Experience in a higher education institution, preferred
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please call the AMP office, (956) 627-0477 to discuss job opportunity and schedule an interview!
**Job opportunity subject to background check and drug screening**