AMP is currently HIRING a Administrative Assistant in the McAllen area.
GREAT CONTRACT FULL TIME assignment; MUST be able to work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following Duties:
- Provides administrative support and assistance to the Dean for Math, Science and Bachelor Programs.
- Facilitates communications, plans and follows-up on administrative matters.
- Processes administrative and clerical affairs of the Dean for Math, Science and Bachelor Programs.
- Assists with compiling, typing and tracking reports, as directed.
- Coordinates projects/reports with other departments and divisions.
- Manages and/or monitors multiple projects and coordinated tasks
- Handles inquiries and exercises sound judgment in referral of inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Assists students with general questions regarding transfers to other institutions.
- Assists and directs students to appropriate services at South Texas College.
- Seeks to solve problems, address concerns, and plans ahead with great attention given to customer service, project quality, and exact detail.
- Assists with annual budget development and subsequent preparation, including but not limited to monitoring budget, tracking of requisitions and purchase orders, and processing reconciliations.
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Coordinates and processes travel arrangements, authorizations/vouchers, mileage reimbursements, and applicable forms.
- Conducts inventory on all department’s assets and office supplies, as needed.
- Coordinates office schedule (e.g. trainings and/or retreats).
- Prepares payroll documentation, as needed.
- Assists with interdepartmental projects, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree, a minimum of 60 college hours
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a professional work setting, required.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, the Windows environment, and internet research skills.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (hours may vary based on needs of department)
**ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please call the AMP office, (956) 627-0477 TODAY to get registered/schedule an interview.
**Opportunity subject to background check and drug screening**