The Dispatcher is responsible for obtaining carrier capacity to move brokerage loads at rate levels to generate target margins. DISPATCH should create long-term relationships with clients and carriers by being committed to an excellent work ethic, providing quality service and demonstrating excellence in managing load transactions to final delivery. The position reports to a team leader, and is part of a team that works cooperatively to win new business and move the shipments by a set of contracted carriers.
Great FULL TIME, TEMP-TO-HIRE job opportunity! MUST be able to work Monday – Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Obtain rate quotes on potential shipments, and award to most competitively priced carriers.
- Pay carriers in accordance with pricing guidelines, to achieve targeted profits per load.
- Enter shipment details into computer system that will flow all required information to people responsible for moving the freight, billing the customer and paying the carriers both timely and accurately.
- Enter and maintain accurate, up to date information in operating system for all companies, carriers, and orders and be accessible for daily issues and questions.
Communicate to drivers all detailed information for pick up and delivery; including address, directions, delivery/pick up times, and purchase orders.
Communicate to customers any information needed for the transportation of their goods.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Possesses strong negotiation skills – able to maximize financial returns through negotiating best possible price from the carrier.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Well-developed basic math skills.
- MUST be bilingual in Spanish and English.
- High School Diploma; required
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please call the AMP office, (956) 627-0477 TODAY to discuss in further detail.