AMP is NOW HIRING an HR Staffing Specialist for a community college in McAllen, TX!
The Human Resources Staffing Specialist collaborates with hiring managers to support the hiring and onboarding processes. Responsible for providing ongoing guidance and support on the hiring process through the delivery of effective communications to hiring managers regarding proper procedures. Responsible for recruiting and advertising open positions; and ensures accuracy and timeliness of staffing.
- Receives and processes personnel requests and creates position requests and postings for each vacancy.
- Maintains updated list of vacant positions on the South Texas College Careers website.
- Reviews employment applications to determine eligibility for veteran’s employment preference.
- Provides ongoing guidance and training to hiring managers and search committee members on recruiting policies and procedures and the applicant tracking system.
- Monitors postings to confirm an adequate pool of applicants have been received and takes appropriate action if needed.
- Extends and documents formal offers of employment to recommended candidates.
- Processes and tracks Notice of Employment forms for temporary employees.
- Processes and tracks temporary agency requests.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding applicant and/or employee information, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a human resources setting, highly preferred.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Call the AMP office TODAY, (956) 627-0477 to discuss job opportunities and to schedule an interview!
**Job opportunity subject to background check and drug screening**