FULL TIME | Monday-Friday, 8AM-5:30PM
- Must be comfortable speaking with insurance company, healthcare provider and patients
- Handling collections on unpaid accounts
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Check eligibility and benefit verification.
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- All accounts are to be reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
- Updates cash spreadsheet, runs collection reports
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred
- High School Diploma * some college hours preferred
- Must be willing to learn **WILL BE TRAINED ON COMPANY BILLING SOFTWARE**
- Three (3) years of medical billing experience
- Orthopedic, Physical Therapy background, preferred
- Must be Detail-Oriented
- Able to handle multiple phone lines
- Polished & Professional
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
**Job opportunity subject to background check and drug screening**