FULL TIME | Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
The Valley Scholars Program Assistant supports the Academic Excellence Programs Officer with the management of information and events relevant to the Valley Scholars Program.
- Assists with activities and development of marketing materials for annual scholarship fundraiser, A Night with the Stars.
- Maintains database of Valley Scholars Program sponsors.
- Prepares routine correspondence, reports, forms and other materials related to the Valley Scholars Program.
- Reconciles assigned accounts for the Valley Scholars Program.
- Assists with planned meeting and events for the Academic Excellence Officer
- Coordinates the collection of student alumni information and maintains alumni database.
- Provides assistance with special projects as deemed appropriate by the Academic Excellence Program Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of work experience in a Higher Education setting,preferred
- Work experience with event planning, preferred.
- Strong background in computers and office automation, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Windows environment.
- Familiar with desktop publishing software including Publisher and Adobe.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Bilingual, English-Spanish, preferred.
*Job opportunity subject to background check and drug screening*