FULL TIME | Monday – Friday, 8AM-5PM
*Some evenings and/or weekends as needed**
**The Cook prepares food for consumption in school cafeteria. Responsible for setting up work station and ensuring all utensils and materials are clean and ready for use.**
- Cooks food in production quantities.
- Stores received inventory.
- Operates standard food service kitchen equipment.
- Cleans work area and utensils; maintains sanitation standards in accordance with the Texas Department of Health.
- Uses technical cooking skill and knowledge to ensure the finished products meets culinary standards.
- Performs cooking duties with other workers
- Follows departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, the Windows environment, and internet research skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, REQUIRED
- At least one (1) year of related experience, preferred
- Experience in large scale food production, preferred.
- Food Handler’s certification