We are NOW HIRING a STAFF SECRETARY for college institution in McAllen (South).
CONTRACT Full Time | Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
The Staff Secretary performs secretarial duties for the department.
- Prepares memos, letters, forms, reports and other routine correspondence.
- Interacts and provides customer service with students, staff and the public.
- Responds to student inquiries and directs them to the appropriate resources.
- Receives incoming phone calls, answers questions and refers calls .
- Distributes incoming mail.
- Makes travel arrangements, including transportation and accommodations, and prepares travel requests and vouchers.
- Participates in proofreading reports, program revisions or other related documents.
- Assists with planning meetings/activities.
- Maintains files of specified and confidential materials.
- Maintains calendars, time records for department staff; submits payroll documentation including overtime.
- Participates in professional development, as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College Certificate
- A minimum of 30 earned college hours
- High School Diploma/GED
- 8 years of relevant experience
**At least one (1) year of work experience in a professional work setting required.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please call the AMP office, (956) 627-0477 to discuss job opportunities in further detail/schedule an interview!
**Job opportunity subject to background check and drug screening**